We are currently hiring for the following roles. If you would like to submit your resume for future consideration for a different role, please Contact Us for more information.
North America Territory Manager - East
Instech Laboratories, Inc. serves a global customer base of researchers, technicians, and scientists. With its own manufacturing facility based in Plymouth Meeting, PA we are able to quickly support our customers and their needs with high-quality products that are built, processed, packed, and shipped all from one location.
Have you been looking for a sales job that is much more about taking care of the customer's needs than hitting an artificial quota that is constantly a moving target? Are you spending too much time putting together sales reports for upper management rather than focusing on your customers? Do you want to be part of a company that has doubled in the past 10 years and is expanding its sales team for its next growth cycle? Are you passionate about pharmaceutical research? If so, read on.
- Help customers solve problems related to the six main applications for our family of products
- Develop long-term relationships with key customers
- Identify, qualify, and develop new customers
- Work closely with the entire sales team on global accounts
- Generate quotes; track and close opportunities
- Collaborate with Marketing and Customer Service to ensure a streamlined sales development workflow, striving to continually increase lead-to-closed won sales conversion rates and maintain a consistently high customer service level
- Meet with prospects and customers over virtual meetings, on-site meetings, and conferences
- Collect voice-of-customer feedback, including complaints and new product opportunities, and report to the product engineering team
- Reports to the VP of Sales
- Enthusiasm to engage with life science researchers, advise and discuss the best solutions for their work
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasive communication skills in both sales and scientific settings
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to track multiple projects
- A growth mindset and bias for action and results
- Ability to meet deadlines independently with minimal direction
- Team Player
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism
- Flexibility in schedule and ability to travel within assigned regions (~ 25% travel)
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of our specific industry and our customers
- An understanding of our specific product applications
- Experience with Salesforce.com platform
- Experience in selling scientific or other capital equipment
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences, Business Administration, or a similar area of study
- Compensation will be competitive at $75,000 per year, plus significant commission.
- Instech also has a rich set of benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, life/AD&D insurance, 401(k), profit-sharing, and more.
About the Company
- Products: We design and manufacture systems for dosing laboratory animals in pre-clinical research studies. The products are a mix of consumables with predictable monthly sales, and capital equipment with longer sales cycles.
- Customers: Pharmaceutical companies, contract research organizations, and academic research laboratories. A mix of relationship-driven and transactional sales. Within these organizations, your customers can be scientists, laboratory animal technicians, veterinarians, or purchasing managers.
- Current sales structure: two territory managers in North America that will work closely together, supported by a 5-person customer service team.
Founded in 1971, Instech is the leader in the design and manufacturing of both consumable and electronic products for pre-clinical research. The company manufactures its products in Plymouth Meeting PA and sells them to researchers in pharmaceutical, academic, and government laboratories worldwide. Instech is a privately-held company with approximately 45 employees. You won’t find any stuffy dress codes here, but you will find an incredible team working in a business they are passionate about. Join us!
Apply - North America Territory Manager-East