Animal Infusion Technical Support
Whether you are new to laboratory animal infusion research or simply looking to refine a technique, these resources are here to help you.
- Rat Jugular Vein and Carotid Artery Catheterization for Acute Survival Studies: A Practical Guide - Highly illustrated, 114 pages. 2007.
- Handbook of Pre-clinical Continuous Intravenous Infusion - 330-page reference on surgical procedures, practical tips and infusion equipment for a range of laboratory animal species. 2000.
- Manual of Microsurgery on the Laboratory Rat - Describes microsurgical technique in great detail with meticulous drawings. 297 pages. 1990. Instech Part No: BK-MMLR.
- "Tethered Infusion and Withdrawal in Laboratory Animals: A Comprehensive Look at Infusion Equipment and Materials," Thomas E. Nolan DVM, Michael Loughnane, Andrew Jacobson, ALN Magazine, July/August 2008.
"Methods in Vascular Infusion Biotechnology in Research with Rodents," Thomas E. Nolan and Hilton J. Klein, ILAR Journal, Vol 43 No 3 (2002).
Surgical Services Partners
If you don't have the time or expertise in house, the following companies can perform the surgeries for you and implant or attach Instech equipment, such as Vascular Access Harnesses™, Vascular Access Buttons™, catheters and PinPorts™.
Surgical Services Partners list - ordering codes, relative experience, contact information
- Charles River Laboratories - custom on-site training programs
- René Remie Surgical Skills Centre - microsurgery training courses, based in the Netherlands
- Vetsalius - on-site training, based in France
- Scandinavian Microsurgery Academy - microsurgey training courses, based in Sweden
Frequently Asked Questions